A book called Best Practices in Panchayats on Livelihoods and Natural Resource Management published by Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India is provided below. This book contains various innovative activities undertaken by various Panchayats of India.
1) From fallow to fertile: Ensuring food security by Strengthening the primary sector – A success story from Cherpu Block Panchayat, Thrissur, Kerala
2) Good governance and good practices in Post-disaster recovery in Kasargod Panchayat, Kerala
3) Converting disaster to Opportunity Case Study of Effective Drought Management from Zari Village Panchayat, Nanded, Maharashtra
4) Livestock Farming System of Mutholi Gram Panchayat: Implications for Dairy Development in Kottayam, Kerala
5) Eco-restoration and Social Development Initiatives from Kandali Village Panchayat – Pune, Maharashtra
6) Comprehensive plan for Drought Management – A Case Study from Korchi Panchayat Samiti, Gadchirol, Maharashtra
7) Community Nursery Initiatives – Solana Gram Panchayat, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
8) Release, Lease and Utilisation of Shamlat Land – Talwandi Bharath Gram Panchayat, Gurdaspur, Punjab
9) Planning and Development in Pesa District Gram Panchayat – Tarasgaon Gram Panchayat, Kankar, Chhattisgarh
10) Environment – Friendly Initiatives and Awareness – Leepuram Gram Panchayat in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu.
Download PDF Book